What are the benefits of becoming an educator with Sydney Family Day Care Scheme?
Early childhood education offers a flexible and rewarding career. Benefits include:
- Working from your own home; you can be at home with your child while earning income
- Setting your own work days and hours
- Support from Sydney Family Day Care Scheme staff to assist you with all aspects of care and education of young children
- Training opportunities
How many children can I care for?
For Family Day Care, the educator-to-child ratio is 1:7. But you can only have up to 4 children who are preschool age or under at one time. For more details, visit ACECQA.
What qualifications and documents do I need to provide to become an educator?
To become an educator with our scheme, you must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Be fit and healthy; free from any medical conditions or substances that could affect your ability to care for children
- Have a good understanding of children's needs and abilities
- Hold or be actively working towards at least a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Hold a current First Aid certificate
- Hold a current CPR certificate
- Passed the Working with Children Check (this also applies to any other family members over the age of 18 who resides at the premises)
- Passed the police check
- Have current public liability insurance
- Passed a Home Safety Inspection conducted by one of our coordinators